Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday, February 03, 2006


Last month I was awarded a commission by the Dublin Georgia St. Patrick's Day Festival Committee to produce 100 small vases similar to a sample vase one of the ladies had. The vases will be 3" high and 3" wide. I threw 10 test vases with those dimension, glazed them with an emerald green glaze I made and fired 5 of them this past Tuesday night. The vases shrunk to 3" high and 2.75" wide and the glaze was a little to dark. On Wednesday I showed the two ladies in charge of the commission the test and they agreed abut the size and the glaze and gave me the okay to cotinue on with the project while making them a little larger and making the glaze lighter. I have to complete this project by March 1st and hope to get a lot accomplished this weekend. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog too! Isn't is amazing how many different ways to communication. Too many.

Susan