Friday, February 24, 2006

Feb 17 - St. Patricks Festival Committee Pottery Commission Update

I was able to throw another 15 pots last night but wasn't as successful as the night before. I had to use 17 clay ball to get the 15. I have now thrown 114 pots and will use about 5 of them for testing and 9 left over to be used for replacements if I mess up in trimming or if those last ones just look better than some of the others. I'm hoping that will be all the throwing. I have a lot of trimming to do and will get started on that early in the morning. I also have one more glaze recipe to try and I may make a batch of that for testing. Sunday I hope to bisque fire some more pots for testing and maybe do another glaze firing Monday night. I only have 11 more days to finish this project and I've got a feeling it's going to take every one of those to get it done.

No comments: