Friday, February 24, 2006

Feb 20 - St. Patricks Festival Committee Pottery Commission Update

Sunday I was in the studio by 12:00 and worked until 5:45. I finished trimming the last of the pots and then made two versions of another emerald green glaze. I also did a bisque firing and tonight I will glaze and fire the 5 test pots. One of them better come out okay or I'm in deep dodo. I'm sure I will have to throw a few more pots because I will probably mess us at a few of them glazing. If I had more time I would have chunked a few of the pots I threw but I have to go with what I have as long as any of them don't get messed up in the glaze firing. If everything goes all right with the glaze firing then I will probably do a bisque firing Tuesday or Wednesday night, then spend the next night waxing and glazing then try a live firing Thursday night. Then I will do the final bisque and glaze firing over the weekend.

No comments: